From Geo Hashing
Hi everybody! I just had to join after I went on my first geohash, so here I am.
...and, thanks for bringing the games!! --Briand 05:37, 8 June 2008 (UTC)
- You're welcome, and my bag of games will accompany me to every geohash I visit. --James 17:40, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
 Geohash Meetups Attended
- 2009-04-25 30 -84: I really wanted to meet other geohashers at this one, but was sorely disappointed. Nobody showed but me.
- 2009-01-24 30 -84: The hash was in Lost Lake, and I couldn't resist. Made it & took photos.
(2 or more failed attempts here; don't remember dates)
- 2008-10-03 30 -84: I met the property owner, but was too nervous to ask permission to get to the hash site.
- 2008-09-27 30 -84: This one in southern Georgia was easy to reach.
- 2008-09-12 30 -83: More stomping through woods and stickers in an adjacent graticule, but this time with Zingor (wearing sandals)!
- 2008-09-05 30 -83: Tromping in the woods of a neighboring graticule.
- 2008-07-19 30 -84: I went to the geodashing spot I discovered instead of the far-flung meetup spot. I found myself in some type of work zone, with various heavy machinery scattered around. The actual point was at the top of a dirt plateau, and was quite easily reached. Several animal tracks were noted on the dirt access road, but now they have boot prints as a companion.
- 2008-07-12 30 -84: I neglected to bring my GPS on this trip and had no idea of the exact coordinates, but the map says I made it to within a football field just by driving aimlessly.
- 2008-06-28 30 -84: I got within 95 feet of this one, took pictures, and helped a motorist put their jetski back on its trailer.
- 2008-06-23 30 -84: This was within 5 miles of my house, and I wasn't working, so I arrived in Deer Lake just after 4:00 PM for the (first?) weekday geohash. Unfortunately, it turned out to be located within a fenced-in wastewater treatment plant. So even though I breached the outer perimeter, I only got within 300 feet of the spot before a more secure fence turned me away. And since I failed to actually reach the hashpoint, I didn't take any pictures. Oh, and once again it started raining as soon as I left. So, not a successful outing. But I did enjoy the strange looks directed my way.
- 2008-06-14 30 -84: A solo trek to the outskirts of Thomasville.
- 2008-06-07 30 -84: My first geohash, and so far the best one!
 Achievements Earned
|James earned the Virgin Graticule Achievement|
| James achieved level 1 of the Minesweeper Geohash achievement
- Oh! ...and while I'm scribbling on your user page, here's some ribbons you earned today, too! --Briand 05:43, 8 June 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks! I was wondering how you got those. --06:00, 8 June 2008 (UTC)
|James earned the Land geohash achievement|
|James earned the MNIMB Geohash Achievement|
(edit)...and don't forget this one:
|James earned the Hot geohash achievement|